Skip to main content

First Bike Ride - Lonavala Khandala

 




Every "FIRST" things are special isn't it? For most mens and women as well, Bike hold a separate space in their heart. And if the bike is "Royal Enfield" then that space does have an extra space for PRIDE.

For me, this bike was not the first for me. Neither the Royal Enfield was.

Many dream to own Royal Enfield at least once in the lifetime. And here I am, lucky enough to own it the Second Time


I had thunderbird 350 around 9 years back. It is a long and kind of painful story and let's not start with it in the first post. May be sometime later.

On 14th Feb, 2023, on Valentines Day, i brought home this beauty.. Royal Enfield Hunter 350, Rebel Blue in my life.

This blog will host all the travel stories i had and pictures and my attempts in vlogs. So let's begin..

My First ride, Lonavala was my first immediate thought. I was on saddle almost after 7 years. Just looking for a place which won't be too close, but not too far. Not to busy but not deserted. Not on tricky ghat sections but mostly with straight paths. Lonavala was my ideal thought to get used to the bike.

We started around 7.30 am for a dream ride.. a bike ride that i had visualised hundreds of time. Being on bike, the cold wind hitting the body, through the helmet visor. The feeling that make you feel alive. The throttle pull acceleration, the dug dug, though not as perfect as classic, sound from the silencer playing a music to your ear. A gopro mounted on your helmet to record everything you see, and the feeling you speak from the heart at that moment.

Unbelievable!!

My pillion was my wife, Pallavi, a big hater of bikes too was happy, and that added to my happiness. I had lot of rides planned that already had included her as a part of it. It was important that she is comfortable. The cushions and the backrest definitely added to the utmost comfort.

Morning in Pune was chilly.. but on bike it felt too cold. We were shivering, teeth banging, numb palms, even with helmets on, the ears were cold. But this is what I had asked for. There was a lot of pleasure in the sufferings, if you ask me,

First 10-15kms were terrible though. The gears were different than what i was used to. Being on two-wheeler, on highway was not something i was accustomed to in last few years. I was scared a bit, almost had a collision on two SUVs, the loud horns of trucks made me flinch.

Crossed Talegaon and i was at ease and started enjoying the ride to the fullest. Being the bike just a day old, and as they say maintain the speed till the first servicing, I was cruising between 60-80kmph.

Every moment, i was comparing Hunter with my Thunderbird. The engine was truly refined, the vibrations were almost gone, the pickup punch and the break bite with the disc breaks and ABS was awesome.

I turned on my GoPro and started blabbering. Being my first attempt of vlog, i was not expecting anything but a misery to audience. But i was determined, determined to practice it to perfection sooner or later.

Kanha Phata, Kamshet, Karla went past pretty quickly and entered the Lonavala like nothing. Pallavi too was pretty much comfortable and we agreed to extend the ride little further till Khandala Ghat.

"Khandala Ke Ghat ke Upar Photu Kinch Ke Aayenge", is what we said and we did.

While returning, had a Poha-Tea breakfast and headed home to end the journey.

Do visit my vlog. I will wait for your comments and suggestion. Do subscribe to my youtube channel and the blog for many more updates, videos and pictures.

Looking forward to it.......




I'm the author and owner of the most popular Marathi Novels blog - डोक्यात भुणभुणणारा मराठी भुंगा https://manaatale.wordpress.com Here i will be sharing my travel stories

Comments